An Experiential learning experience to embed AN agile mindset.
Public training courses are run periodically. Contact us for dates, or to arrange a private course specific to your needs.
Agile Essentials will give you the solid grounding in Agile theory and practices required to help your team and organisation build the right thing, build the thing right and build it sooner.
Who will benefit from this Training?
- Anyone working in or around an Agile team – that’s any team in the organisation, Agile is not just for technology
- Managers or leaders looking to better understand Agile, expand their toolkit or have a desire to create an environment to unlock the potential in their teams
- Scrum Masters (or others)
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
- Understand the benefits of Agile and the importance of an Agile Mindset
- Understand the Scrum Framework, the theory and the practices
- Understand what to consider for success and how to get started
- Understand what Kanban is and when you might use it
- Why Agile?
- The Agile Manifesto and Mindset
- Agile Methods
- The Scrum Framework, Roles, Events and Artifacts
- Product Backlog Refinement and Definitions of Done
- Team Success Factors
- Communication and Leadership
- Keeping Scrum Healthy
- Getting Started with Agile (Inceptions)
- User Stories, Estimation and Release Planning
- Kanban Overview
This course looks at the role leadership has to play in building resilient agile organisations.
The course covers the background in the shift to agile and modern ways of working and will give you a clearer understanding on how leadership practices might need to shift from approaches that have worked in the past.
This includes, how to empower your teams, create learning organisations and safe places for experimentation and collaboration.
There are hands on exercises to experience agile and leadership practices to support your learning of practices that will help organisations develop resilience, be adaptive and solve complex problems together.
This course is suitable for leaders of all levels, from C suite to aspiring leaders and people managers.
This course focuses on the core disciplines within product development and the techniques required to fulfil the Product Ownership role effectively.
The course covers approaches for ideation, prioritisation, stakeholder management, and release planning and lots more.
This course is suitable for Product Owners (PO), Product Managers and Scrum Masters who want to learn techniques to better support PO’s and team members interested in product development.
CUSTOM TRaiNING AND COACHING
Do you need some specific, customised training to achieve some specific outcomes?
We can work with you to understand your current context and what you want to achieve and then tailor coaching and training to match those needs.
We would work with you to understand what is happening and what is trying to happen. Knowing the developmental gap you want to address we would co-create a custom coaching and training package that helps you get there.
Get in touch to explore this further.
How we Train
We frequently shift between movement, speaking, drawing, listening and writing to help maximise your learning experience by addressing the different learning styles everyone has: visual, audible and kinesthetic (moving), observing and doing.
Courses are run over 2 days in person, or 5 half days online. We run our courses in pairs, so you have two coaches guiding you through the content and interactive learning experiences. Attendance is limited to ensure facilitators can give each participant the attention they need.